1.0 Our core beliefs regarding user privacy and data protection
- User privacy and data protection are human rights
- We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal information
2.0 Relevant legislation
Along with our business and internal computer systems, our website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislations with regards to data protection and user privacy:
- UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
- Australian Privacy Act 1988 (APA)
This site’s compliance with the above legislation means that this site is likely compliant with the data protection and user privacy legislation set out by many other countries and territories as well.
3.0 Personal information that this website collects and why we collect it
This website collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
3.1 Site visitation tracking
Like most websites, this site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website.
Although GA records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us. GA also records your computer’s IP address which could be used to personally identify you but Google do not grant us access to this. We consider Google to be a third party data processor.
Disabling cookies on your internet browser will stop GA from tracking any part of your visit to pages within this website.
3.2 Contact forms and email links
Should you choose to contact us using the contact form on our contact us page or an email link, none of the data that you supply will be passed to / be processed by any of the third party data processors defined. The data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). Our SMTP servers are protected by TLS (sometimes known as SSL) meaning that the email content is encrypted before being sent across the internet. The email content is then decrypted by our local computers and devices.
3.3 What data we gather & how we use it
We may collect the following information:
- Name, email & message
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
4.0 How we store your personal information
If you submit a form on this website some personal information will be stored within this website’s database. This is currently the only occasion where personal data will be stored on this website. This data is currently stored in an identifiable fashion; a limitation of the content management system that this website is built with.
5.0 About this website’s server
This website is hosted on servers run within a state-of-the-art data centre located in the United Kingdom.
Some of the more notable security features are as follows:
- The Green Grid industry body, comply with the European Code of Conduct for Datacentre Operators best practice guidelines E
- Externally audited and certified to ISO 9001 (Quality Management), ISO 14001 (Environmental Management) and ISO 27001 (Information Security) standards
- 24×7 security and NOC staff being present, high security perimeter fencing.
- A state-of-the-art IP CCTV system and access control system form part of the comprehensive security arrangements, including man-traps, interlocked doors, and biometric iris scanners.
- High-end fire suppression systems are fitted throughout the entire facility.
- All traffic (transferral of files) between this website and your browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS.
- 2 level firewalls protects our server against attacks and unauthorised access.
Full details of our providers data centre please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
6.0 Our third party data processors
We use a third party to process personal data on our behalf. This third party has been carefully chosen and all of them comply with the legislation.
7.0 Data Breaches
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.